Navigation

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Spaghetti Squash with Red Sauce

So today I didn't take any pictures but I made a spaghetti substitute. Right now my family and I are trying to a low carb "lifestyle" (I'm trying not to say diet cause those are too easy to break.)

Ingredients:
  • Spaghetti Squash (2)
  • Italian Sausage (1 package)
  • Pesto
  • Red Sauce
  • Parmesan Cheese
I found a way to bake spaghetti squash so that you can spoon it out and make real spaghetti.

Instructions:
  • Turn oven to 375
  • Use a knife to puncher small holes all around the squash so that steam can escape. 
  • Place the squash on a cookie sheet
  • Bake for 60 minutes
  • Remove seeds in the center
  • Use a fork to scrape the contents of the squash loose
Now for the sauce, I used a specialty pesto sauce that had sun dried tomatoes and tomato paste. I added Italian sausage in the sauce too.

Instructions:
  • Break up sausage in a large skillet
  • Cook sausage on medium to high heat, until lightly browned
  • Add pesto red sauce mix
  • Continue cooking on low to heat the sauce
  • Once sauce is warm add the squash
  • Make sure the squash is completely incorporated
  • Top with Parmesan cheese and serve
This is a great way to have spaghetti fix on a low carb diet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment