Navigation

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Fremont Fair

Today I went the Fremont Fair for the first time. I have lived in Seattle (just outside) for my entire life and have never spent a large amount of time in Fremont. Let's just say that after today I want to live in Fremont! It is such a cool part of the city, you can walk for blocks and see so much new stuff, art, food, stores, and people. It feels like such a great community to live in! Ah I need a job so that I can move out and into a place like that.

So today at the fair my parents and I walked around the booths checking everything out. I grabbed lunch at this place that did Caribbean fusion food. I got pork tacos that were absolutely amazing. Corn Tortilla, shredded pork and onions, coleslaw, and curry sauce. It was delicious, let's just say that I will be attempting to make these sometime in the near future.

Next we headed to this bar called the George and Dragon to watch the world cup game (Germany vs. Ghana). Which was a great game tied 2-2. It was a great bar small English style pub with a great outdoor beer garden. They place these TVs in the beer garden so that you could drink and watch the game outside, let's just say that I got sunburned but it was such a great game it was worth having a crispy nose.
After the game we started walking back towards the car which was parked on 34th and Stone Way. So we grabbed a spot on the curb for the parade on 34th street. The naked bike riders were pretty funny some of the body paint and costumes were pretty crazy and amazing. The people who went full naked pain or some without paint, that takes some serious balls, and I applaud you!
During the parade we went in to a little shop called Blue Moon Burger, another delicious place to eat. ONce the parade ended we started walking back to the car. Once we got back to the car we stopped and grabbed some coffee (cold), it had been a long and hot day. We chose to follow the rest of the parade down to gasworks park where there was a bunch of brass and marching bands playing.
We heard the Sound Wave play, the Sounders FC band. They were great! It had been a long day so we headed back home but it was by far one of the best parades/fairs that I have been too!

No comments:

Post a Comment