Navigation

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin

Today I decided to try a balsamic glaze that I found on Pinterest. To cook the glaze place 6-8 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan and being to a boil. Reduce the vinegar to a simmer and let it cook for about 5 minutes. The balsamic will have reduced and thickened. Set that aside and begin to prepare the pork.

Now I have never cooked pork before in my life, so I had no idea where to start. I turned to my trusty sidekick Google!

I pulled out the pork tenderloin and cut the long piece in half to give myself about 8 inch long pieces of pork.
To start I placed a small amount of olive oil in a pan on medium heat. I placed each half of the tenderloin in the pan and seared each side until the pork was golden brown on all sides. Not long only 5 minutes per side.

Once the pork is browned place in a casserole dish (or an oven safe pan). Drizzle the reduced balsamic over the pork.
I also ground salt and pepper over the pork. On top of the pork sprinkle chopped garlic (about 2 cloves) and fresh rosemary (about 2 tablespoons).

Place the pork in the oven at 475 for about 15-20 minutes. Once the internal temperature of the pork is 145 it is done cooking.

Let stand for 5 minutes then cut and serve! I recommend dipping your pork in the balsamic that has collected in the bottom the pan it adds a ton of flavor to the meat.
Ingredients:
  • Pork Tenderloin
  • 2 Cloves of Garlic
  • 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Rosemary
  • Salt to Taste
  • Pepper to Taste
  • 6-8 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
  • 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Instructions:
  • Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small sauce pan. Reduce the heat so that the vinegar is at a simmer. Let balsamic reduce and thicken, turn off when reduced by half and let cool and thicken on the side.
  • Brown all sides of the tenderloin in a pan on medium heat with olive oil. 
  • Place tenderloin in casserole dish. Drizzle balsamic over meat and add the rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper.
  • Place in oven at 475 for 15 minutes, check temperature, if at 145 the meat is done. If it is not up to temperature bake for 5 more minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment