Navigation

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pesto and Prosciutto Panini

Today I wasn't feeling like creating a crazy elaborate meal so I decided to make paninis. They are simple and delicious, and if you are rushing for dinner these are quick.

Ingredients:
  • Torta Bread (or another Panini Type Bread)
  • Pesto
  • Mozzarella Cheese
  • Prosciutto (or Salami)
First spread the pesto on one side of the bread. Add a couple thicker slices of mozzarella and finish it off with a couple slices of prosciutto. 
To cook I find it easiest to pop it on the George Foreman, by the way if you don't have one get one. That thing got me though college! Like a grilled cheese wait until the cheese is melted then it's ready to eat.
These sandwiches are easy and can be customized so you can switch it up! I have substituted prosciutto for salami or even have it vegetarian style with no meat. That makes it more of a fancy grilled cheese but still just a delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment