Navigation

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Chicken Fajitas

So today I made my dinner from scratch! I designed my own chicken fajitas, which ended up to be delicious.

First you have to start the rice and beans. I bought a black beans and rice that was dry. To cook follow the instructions on the back of the bag. This specific brand (Vigo) is just water, olive oil, and the rice mix.
While that is cooking start to prepare the meat and veggie stir fry.

Ingredients:
  • Chicken Thighs (sliced into small strips)
  • 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced into strips)
  • 1 1/2 Cups of Mushrooms (sliced thin)
  • Ortega Fajita Skillet Sauce
In a large fry pan cook chicken on high. Brown and make sure the chicken is mostly cooked. Add bell pepper and mushrooms to the pan. Cook chicken, peppers, and mushrooms until vegetables are soft and chicken is fully cooked. Add fajita sauce and turn heat down to a simmer to warm sauce.
Now when making your fajita use handmade corn tortillas I found some great ones at Fred Meyers. I also have cabbage, cheese, and sour cream as my extras make the fajitas.
CUSTOMIZE AND ENJOY!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment