Navigation

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Fruit Trifle

Happy Father's Day!

Today my family had a small bbq with my grandmother. I decided it's summer and fruit is always at its best this time of year. It is a great recipe for those out there that aren't super great bakers.

All you need is:
  • Your Favorite Types of Fruit
  • Instant Vanilla Pudding 
  • Cool Whip (Small Tub)
  • Pound Cake
  • Ingredients on Pudding Box and Cake Box
First you start with a layer of pound cake, you can either buy it or home make it. I usually just buy pre-made pound cake but this time I made it with the cake mix (the one's in the box). I actually liked it much better than pre-made it was way fluffier and lighter.
Make sure to start mixing your instant pudding. Once the pudding has thickened we want to make it lighter. I take about a third of the Cool Whip and mix it into the pudding.
NOW LAYERS!!!
Repeat these layers for as much fruit as you have!
  1. Pound Cake
  2. Fruit
  3. Vanilla Pudding Mix
  4. Repeat
  5. Last row, instead of pudding cover fruit in remaining Cool Whip
And TA-DA a beautiful layered desert that doesn't make you feel guilty for eating it. Mostly because of the fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment