Navigation

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Got a Job and Mackin' Mac 'N Cheese

Don't get me wrong I am enjoying my new job. I'm working at Pandora and it's really awesome I've gotten to meet so many new people. I love all of my coworkers it's just not graphic design. The last jobs that I had where  of where close to graphic design so at least I'm going in the right direction. Helping design bracelets for customers and designing logos...OK it's a big leap but not as big as event security. I also just finished a logo for a friend and it turned out so cool. Just check out my other site MBG Designs to look at my most recent work. I will also be designing some wedding invitations soon for my BFF's wedding! I'll post those when it gets closer to the date.

OK I know my life all a of the sudden got way busier I know I still need to post how my low carb is going. Also a now I can tell you how I've been keeping get up with my low carb now that I eat out more often because of work. I tend to forget to pack my lunch like every day but when I do remember it's usually left overs.

So this is a great time to give you a recipe that reheated really well.

Fake Mac and Cheese!

2 heads of Cauliflower
1 stick of cream cheese
4 Oz of heavy cream
2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
12 Oz of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 pound of bacon

Cook bacon in small cut up chunks in a small pan. Drain greese off and set aside.

Steam the cauliflower till it is soft enough to crush. Remove the water from the pan and mash the cauliflower till it is in noodle sized pieces.

Add the heavy cream, dijon and cream cheese allow cream cheese to melt on low heat. Continually mix so that heavy cream does not scald or burn to bottom. Once the cream cheese is mostly melted start to stir in about 3/4 of the cheddar into the cauliflower.

Once cheese is fully melted add in the bacon and stir in. Top with remaining cheese turn iff heat and cover, let the cheese melt for a couple minutes and surve.

P.S. I also made this with crab and it was amazing as well, so my guess is any choice of meat you would like is going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment