Navigation

Friday, September 5, 2014

Football Food!

So I said a couple days ago that I would be making lower carb football food. I know that when I think football food I think fried, salty, and dips so many dips. I went for the good traditional pulled pork!
I used the Jack Daniels Pulled Pork that you just a heat in the oven and serve. I also for the first time made my own coleslaw and of course what did I turn to in my time of need...Pinterest!

I or course put my own spin on a coleslaw recipe. Here it is below.

  • 1 head of Savoy Cabbage
  • 2 medium Carrots
  • 1 cup Mayonnaise
  • 2 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 2 tbs Dijon Mustard
  • 1 tbs Celery Salt
  • 1 tbs Sugar
  • 1 tbs Onion Powder
  • 1/2 tbs salt
In a bowl shred cabbage and mix in the shredded carrots as well. In another bowl mix mayo, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, sugar, and onion powder. Top the cabbage and carrots with a thoroughly mixed sauce.

First place coleslaw on the roll and then top with pulled pork. To make this good I bought freshly baked kaiser rolls. I only did an open face sandwich to reduce my carb intake but these ended up delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment